Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NO TIME LEFT FOR...

This is not a new problem for me. Nor is it new to the world of parenting:

I simply have no time. I get up in the morning with usually only 20 to 30 minutes to get ready for work. I drive 30 minutes to work. I work 8 hours, then drive 30 minutes home.

Once home I find myself...well...working. I've got yard work to do. There are always repairs to be done on something in the house. The kids need to be taken somewhere or need help with something.

Again, this is nothing new. Unfortunately, this means I have a very difficult time pursuing my personal interests. Like writing. I started this blog as a place to write. This is a place for me to explore writing. A place to explore different styles and try on different voices.

I bought a guitar that's been knocked over and stepped on more than it's been played. I have a violin that lies silent.

It just isn't happening they way I'd like it to. I wanted to write at least one or two blogs a week. But I am finding out that unless I am writing a personal journal entry like this, I just don't get pieces done. Some of the ideas for blogs that I've had require some research. I don't want to be publishing anything that has questionable or inaccurate facts.

They say that we "make time" for the things we really want to do. But there are only 24 hours in a day. I have a family of six, including myself. If you break that down, it comes to 4 hours per person. Obviously, someone is missing out on time with me. This isn't a question of time management. There just isn't any time.

I want to write. So if that means just complaining about my everyday life...so be it. The rest of my writing will just have to come in bits and pieces as I develop them.





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: