Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random Dude Becomes Creepy, Random Dude

I last posted a story about a random dude showing up on my back porch looking to bum a cigarette.

A couple days later, while I happened to be out running an errand, he showed up at the window by our computer room and asked my wife for a cigarette. This window faces our neighbor's house. There is a walkway in between and a gate into the neighbor's yard. It turns out this guy is an acquaintance of our neighbor's son.

I asked Joseph, the son, about the guy. I told him the guy was creeping us out. Joseph said he was feeling the same way. He said the guy is someone he used to know that was in a car wreck and had a brain injury.

Saturday morning, the guy showed up on my back porch again asking to borrow a smoke. My son actually answered the knock. I told the guy to stop coming around. I told him I can't have him showing up on my doorstep.

So far, he's complied.

No comments: